Rack of TM40's for my XS650

hotrod937

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got this rack of brand new TM40 Mikuni carbs at the swap for 10 bucks. I want to make these work on my XS650. What do you guys know about it. I'm running a TM36 on my SR500 and it came right out of the box and ran like a beat child. I know the TM40's you get in single form are top cable style with leaves little room in most cases. These are linked and have a cam style throttle. Would these pumper carbs off a 600 Ski Doo be too much for my XS. I do plan on hot cam and rephase in the very near future.
10407597_10203805958332380_3329780597449534813_n.jpg

Sorry, finished reading your post and you know what they are off of. I don't know why you call them pumper? There is no accelerator pump in them. Again though, to big.

ive run carbs off two strokes on 4 stroke motorcycle engines. the formula seems to be the two stroke needs to be roughly half the displacement of the 4 stroke yu are putting them on.

years ago i put a pair of 340 polaris sno machine carbs on my 750 triumph oil frame.mikunis

i made the intakes from scratch, used regular rubber hose and hose clamps i got at the auto parts to connect them. with some minor fiddeling with the jet needle eclip height.it ran and started better than ever before with the stock amals.the amals were new remans too.

the carbs i used had a enrichener cable that basically took the place of the ticklers on the amals.or the choke on a yamaha.

if you do the rephase and go up to 750 cc its possible they may work.but i doubt it. just too big and rich.

Pretty sure they are off a twin 4 stroke motor and I'm also pretty sure there is AP's on them. I mean I looked at them last night at 3 in the morning before I went to bed but I'm pretty sure that's what they were. I'll snap more pics tomorrow.

Back