Radial Master Cylinder

I don't know for sure but have always thought it was to do with the direction of the piston travel. Conventional being parallel to the handle bar and radial perpendicular to the handle bar.

They work better. I put one on my Triumph Sprint RS from a GSXR K8 as the original was spongy no matter how you bled it & the lever would gradually come to the bar.

Signal is correct. Radial uses less moving parts to actuate the piston. Forces, drag, science etc. Basically radial will give you better feed brake feed back. Fast paced riding you’ll definitely appreciate it, general riding around town it’s still great, but not so much of a big deal.

I installed a Brembo radial mc and it works great. Great modulation and control of front brakes. Installed a 17mm for my dual blue dot caliper set up.

7660ADEB-FB5A-40DC-9178-6764F4C5504D.png

Unbelievably priced, much cheaper ones available: For the same price you can buy 95 of a cheaper brand. You may not be ablle to get parts for them, but who needs parts when you have 95 of them!
Like everything though, there are different grades of quality, add some extra bucks and you can buy 50 decent quality ones for much less than $1895.
$1895, is that a number Brembo just picked out of a hat?
What price safety? It's a simple pump, not much to go wrong with a simple pump. I have a $26 master cylinder, not a radial but it works fine.

I think I paid $350 Cdn including the reservoir. Where did the $1895 number come from? Cheaper stuff available? Absolutely. This was an expensive piece but with the performance it delivers, I don’t regret spending the money a bit.

Last edited:
I'll be sending off for a radial brake and clutch master cylinder, cheap ones of course. The hydraulic slave I'll make myself as soon as I can locate some seals and rubber rings for piston.

Thanks all. My question has been answered.:thumbsup: Looks like I`ll be using the cheaper Magura MC for no other reason than the lever matches my clutch lever. As far as price goes here`s one that`s a practical give away.:yikes:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/233702042355

Back