random acts of irrational kindness

kopcicle

antidisestablishmentarian
Top Contributor
Reaction score
front.jpeg
left.jpeg
right.jpeg

This abandoned kids toy got a new battery, charger, lube ,a deep cleaning and a new home.
We delivered it to the local tap room where the young man in question was ecstatic to say the least.
Mom and dad were in disbelief and ear to ear grins as they watched the boy figure things out.
Everyone there was all smiles (okay the beer helps) . A good time had by all.

All for maybe 3 hrs work and an AGM I had laying around.

Just a reminder

"Perform random acts of irrational kindness"

What I got back in return was far in excess of what I invested.

My irrational motorcycle act of kindness was I saw another motorcyclist stopped on the side of the road. He found a pop bottle in the ditch and I transferred him some gas. Talking to him I learned we from the same small city, and our last known addresses were about a block apart. We were two thousand miles from there...

He told me to stop by his place and he'd find me a job. I found the place and went there, but he wasn't home. His gay roommate was, who asked me to come in and take a shower. I declined (as stinking as I was).

I called him later (the original guy) and the job offer was to drive an agricultural combine. I'd never done that, so I politely declined. In retrospect, and in fact I knew it then I just didn't want to drive a combine, even if you don't know what a combine is, say you're an expert and take the job. Later, say it's different from the one you used to drive and somebody will give you all the instruction you need. That's impulsive and they won't be able to help themselves, like asking them what brand of oil to use. I'd guess half of the world's food is produced by people who don't know what they're doing...

My irrational motorcycle act of kindness was I saw another motorcyclist stopped on the side of the road. He found a pop bottle in the ditch and I transferred him some gas. Talking to him I learned we from the same small city, and our last known addresses were about a block apart. We were two thousand miles from there...

He told me to stop by his place and he'd find me a job. I found the place and went there, but he wasn't home. His gay roommate was, who asked me to come in and take a shower. I declined (as stinking as I was).

so let me get this straight............

You Helped someone who was broken down on the side of the road. ...........found something in common.............the guy was thankful and offered you a job.

Went to his house and his flatmate was there........the flatmate would have been told of your kindness in helping his flatmate, (your new friend), when he was broken down. The flatmate offered you a shower because you were dirty, (stinking), and obviously hadn't had a shower for a while. ...... the flatmates random act of kindness was turned down because he was gay???............

One time sticks out in particular..............worked part time in a bar in the evenings for some extra cash, usually the weekends but was asked to do a Wednesday night. was late in the season near winter and daylight finished early this time of the year and gets cold once the sun goes down. A complete stranger comes into the bar asking for a whiskey, he was traveling on a motorbike. Gave him his whiskey and he asked how much........na, on the house looks like you need it. He didn't stay long just the one drink. before he left he asked me if i smoked, (weed), said, yea at times and said our good by's

About 2 weeks later on a Friday night and bar was packed. The guy i gave the whisky to comes in, i ask if he wants a drink.......he said na, and slipped a matchbox to me and walked out. Opened the matchbox and it was packed with dope......Choice

The flatmate offered you a shower because you were dirty, (stinking), and obviously hadn't had a shower for a while. ...... the flatmates random act of kindness was turned down because he was gay???............
Not because he was gay, of course. I should have been clearer. It was because of something in his voice.

Back