Real close to done

Pat D

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
Gotta go over the tank one more time with a little finer compound, put the petcocks on, get the side stand squared away and a few other minor details(and buy a helmet). I gotta say, bike turned out pretty good and really pops from 10' away. Of course, since I know where every paint chip and scratch is my eye is drawn to them, but otherwise I think it turned out respectably. As soon as i get a helmet I can start shaking it all down. Certainly couldn't have done it so quickly w/o the help of all the good folks on the forum-y'all are great!

Attachments

• IMG_0172.jpg
    IMG_0172.jpg
    303.3 KB · Views: 114
  • IMG_0173.jpg
    IMG_0173.jpg
    304.8 KB · Views: 134
  • IMG_0174.jpg
    IMG_0174.jpg
    306.8 KB · Views: 99
  • IMG_0175.jpg
    IMG_0175.jpg
    310.2 KB · Views: 103
  • IMG_0176.jpg
    IMG_0176.jpg
    302.8 KB · Views: 106
damn that's sexy, Pat! You need to swing by the house with that, so I can get a closer look!

Thanks everyone! I believe the header pipes are factory, given the patina on 'em and the overall stoutness. They also have the tab that bolts to the frame by the foot peg. The mufflers are aftermarket, they came with the bike. Not much to 'em inside, basically 1 baffle/screen with 1/8-3/16 holes in it, and the gatling style outlet, all of which are open. I hope I don't have to play with jetting, maybe the p.o. did it, I dunno- gotta road test. Might be a heavy smoker for all I know, I know for sure it hasn't had any road miles on it in over a year. We'll see.

Back