Real wheel exploded diagram Help

Poverty

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
I need a exploded diagram of the rear wheel / brake assembly Ive searched and haven't found what im looking for

I need to reassemble my rear drum wheel to get in centered , spacers Ect

Im working on my rear fender struts and need the wheel centered

thanks

bewbs for your troubles >
bounce.gif

Go to the website of any Yamaha dealer and look at their parts fiche for the rear wheel, for the blowapart diagram.

Many threads on this site will explain that diagram more clearly.

You just wanted to paste the GIF, didn't you? :)

Ok.. this is the best Diagram I can find ...

could someone tell me WTF number 22 is and possibly a pic of it IRL?

and I seem to have 2 number #35s
REAR_WHEEL_TX650AXS650BC.png

Also between 29 and 35 is there suposed to be a washer or something ..

and also is there to be a washer between 23 and 30

thanks

22 goes between the top hat and the frame. 23 is a sort of metal dust cover that goes over it. Been awhile since I had my wheel all the way off though. I don't remember 22, but I realize that it has to be there.

29 is thick on one side, sort of a washer built into it. The thick side of 29 goes toward the inside. 35 doesn't have a washer on either end.

Hope you aren't missing #19 that thing is like hens teeth to find. The sheet metal hat #23 is pressed on #22 they are usually found together.
You say you have two 35's but the gif looks more like 38's :D

Maybe even 40s, lol. You can see in the drawing that #22 has a step on it. #23 is pressed onto #22 down to that step. I don't have a pic of it off the bike but here is the 22-23 assembly installed .....

SpacerLeftRear.jpg

The tin dust shield covers your wheel bearing and it's grease seal.

thanks Guys this helped and I got it .. I wasnt missing anything .. and I think the extra piece is from another bike, I just tossed it into the wrong box I guess

#22 is the piece Ive been after for weeks (posted in 'wanted' section), I cant find one anywhere!

#22 is the piece Ive been after for weeks (posted in 'wanted' section), I cant find one anywhere!

I would give you my #22 if you could get me that girls phone number! Haha (not like I would even be able to formulate complete sentences if I ever had the chance to talk with her)

I would give you my #22 if you could get me that girls phone number! Haha (not like I would even be able to formulate complete sentences if I ever had the chance to talk with her)

What girl ?

Would anyone want to sell me one rear 16" spoke ? Or point to a place that sells them indivdiualy

Poverty indeed, lol. I have lots of spokes but unfortunately, none for 16" wheels. You should have no problem getting one from somebody because Mike's includes 2 extras in each set, not to mention the piles old old ones that have been removed. You should provide a bit more info though as to the type you need. There are inners, outers, normal 36 spoke wheels, and those 48 spoke Heritage ones. Spoke styles and/or lengths are different for all. The Heritage wheels use 2 different length outers and 2 different length inners.

Yeah I have despoked some wheels maybe even a 16, but I despoked the Last heritage rear with a cutoff wheel.
PS Poverty; I got the carbs and left you feedback.

I've given up, Ive now got someone turning up a couple (of #22's) on their lathe this week for £10 the two...Seems as if everyone (inc.me ) has thrown these out accidently :doh:

XS1961 I think it is #19 you can't find. #22&#23 are normally found together and aren't all that rare.
There was someone on the US side machining #19s but I don't recall who.

There was someone on the US side machining #19s but I don't recall who.

If it was someone on the board, they backed out last I remember.

19 appears to be available on the 650central site of all places. I remember seeing it as the last item at the bottom of a page.

Poverty indeed, lol. I have lots of spokes but unfortunately, none for 16" wheels. You should have no problem getting one from somebody because Mike's includes 2 extras in each set, not to mention the piles old old ones that have been removed. You should provide a bit more info though as to the type you need. There are inners, outers, normal 36 spoke wheels, and those 48 spoke Heritage ones. Spoke styles and/or lengths are different for all. The Heritage wheels use 2 different length outers and 2 different length inners.

Ok, I had no clue it was that kinda complicated .. ill snap a pic and assess more in depth .. I just noticed one had snapped the head off at the hub and I need it to get inspected

Yeah I have despoked some wheels maybe even a 16, but I despoked the Last heritage rear with a cutoff wheel.
PS Poverty; I got the carbs and left you feedback.

lol... glad you got them ..thank you for the feed back

the wheel is from a 80 special if that means anything ?

Right you are xjbmx

Rear Left Wheel Bearing Collar
10_21_10_part_pics%20067_small.jpg
Made_In_American_Flag_Logo_Printable-1EXLG.jpg

No longer available from Yamaha, this shouldered collar fits in the left side
6305 bearing to reduce it to 20mm. It replaces part # 90387-20166-00
All years.
#DCEN90-38720..... $26.00

Last item on chassis page at http://www.650central.com/

Attachments

• 10_21_10_part_pics%20067_small.jpg
    10_21_10_part_pics%20067_small.jpg
    2.7 KB · Views: 8
I don't think the Heritage models came along until '81 so you probably have the normal wheel - unless someone swapped it out. Count the spokes, normal would be 36, Heritage 48. There's still that inner and outer difference though. The ends that hook into the hub are bent at different angles and you have to use the right kind .....

NewSpokes.jpg

Back