Rear blinker stays

RustiePyles

"Pocket sand! Sh-sh-sha!'
Top Contributor
XS650.com Supporter
Reaction score
Ok, If you haven't figured it out yet I'm trying to my 80 XS650G back to mostly "stock" at least just put some things back on it. When I got the bike from my FIL he had put a cheesy looking back rest on it that looked like it belonged on an Iron head sporty covered with gold plated live to ride eagles. The rear turn signals were mounted to said back rest. I'm trying to put my turn signals back on but really have no interest in installing the hacky looking rear grab bar that they were mounted to OEM. My question is will the 447-83369-00-00 and 447-83368-00-00 blinker stays from an earlier bike work on an 80XS605G? Or is there another option for stays mounted in a location like these are near the fender bolts?

20200513_075450.jpg

Instead of the standard blinker mounts or the cast aluminum 80 on grab rail maybe an earlier grab rail such as this one off a 79 Special II would be an idea.
I did really like this on a 78 Standard years ago. Very practical for moving the bike or loading it up.

View attachment 186720
Instead of the standard blinker mounts or the cast aluminum 80 on grab rail maybe an earlier grab rail such as this one off a 79 Special II would be an idea.
I did really like this on a 78 Standard years ago. Very practical for moving the bike or loading it up.
Yeah that’s the same one that would have come on my bike, the cast aluminum one only came on the 80 XS650SG my is just a plain XS650G.

Yeah that’s the same one that would have come on my bike, the cast aluminum one only came on the 80 XS650SG my is just a plain XS650G.
If I'm not mistaken, the XS650G and XS650SG have frame differences. The SG and subsequent Specials have the turn signal mount incorporated into the frame.

If I'm not mistaken, the XS650G and XS650SG have frame differences. The SG and subsequent Specials have the turn signal mount incorporated into the frame.
Yes the SG has a different rear frame loop, my G has the same rear loop as earlier bikes. But has slightly different rear peg loops.

A different take
rear quarter.jpg

The stock TS location interferes with many saddlebags. Just a simple piece of aluminum bar from the hardware store bent and drilled to accept turn signals. sandwiched to the license plate mount. These LEDs help make things clear for the cages around me.

A different take
View attachment 186732
The stock TS location interferes with many saddlebags. Just a simple piece of aluminum bar from the hardware store bent and drilled to accept turn signals. sandwiched to the license plate mount. These LEDs help make things clear for the cages around me.
I had thought about moving them out to the plate like that but I’m using stock lamps with short stalks (led bulbs), and those are to big to be put back that far.

I had thought about moving them out to the plate like that but I’m using stock lamps with short stalks (led bulbs), and those are to big to be put back that far.
@gggGary's tag mounted signals may be my answer. I'll use flashers that don't show up unless they are on. Maybe I saw them from Motogadget. I like the big round signals on my stock bikes, but otherwise out of sight is better, as long as they are extremely bright.

reproduction early signals out at taillight on wjl I converted them to LED
wjl turn signals.jpg

Back