Rear Brake Light Switch Mount.....

Paul75

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
Guys,

I've no rear passenger pegs and therefore no latch to hold the brake light switch.......any ideas on how this can be achieved?

IMG_20170516_1925200.jpg

The tab that holds the switch welds onto the peg mount. The spring attached to the switch is pretty long. You might be able to weld a tab to that wide spot in the frame on the right to mount the switch and use a much shorter spring.

Hi Paul,
that'll larn ya to not hack stuff off yer bike prematurely. And what if you want to pick up a bird, eh?
What I'd try is to make a fancy P-clip that clamps around the swingarm and bolt t'other end of the stoplight switch to it.
There is likely enough movement available in the switch that it will still work despite the differential movement between the swingarm and the pedal arm.

Cheers guys.....I hadn't actually thought about not being able to pick up a bird either....this is a serious oversight!!! Damn!!

The bummer is I've had the complete frame and swingarm wet-sprayed to a finish so welding isn't really an option........What I might do is use a P clip to firstly work out where the spring needs to be to stop prematurely setting off the light then I could always use a tap/die to insert a tab onto the frame or swingarm......

Back