Rear Disc master cylinder mounting for forward controls

3dognate

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
I just picked up a set of 81 mags for my bobber build. I have a Voodoo Vintage Hard tail installed and TC Bros Forward controls on the way. I had originally wanted to go with the Heritage spoke wheels I have but I like the idea of a rear disc and think the stock mags look great powder coated. I did a search here but did not come up with anyting that used a rear disc on a hard tail with forward controls...

Anyone got any suggestions on how to handle the fabrication part? I have a TC Bros Forward controls brake pivot installed already BTW.

I just picked up a set of 81 mags for my bobber build. I have a Voodoo Vintage Hard tail installed and TC Bros Forward controls on the way. I had originally wanted to go with the Heritage spoke wheels I have but I like the idea of a rear disc and think the stock mags look great powder coated. I did a search here but did not come up with anyting that used a rear disc on a hard tail with forward controls...
Anyone got any suggestions on how to handle the fabrication part? I have a TC Bros Forward controls brake pivot installed already BTW.

Hi 3dog,
yeah, and wire wheels are a bitch to clean.
If your hardtail conversion still has the original rear m/c mounts, the easiest way is to leave the m/c right where it is on the factory mounts and run a pull rod from the forward control's brake pedal to a sawn-off original brake pedal that's been turned around on it's spline.
OTOH, if the factory m/c mounts are long gone, the pull rod will still work but you will have to fabricate a new m/c mount.

Here is a pic of how I mounted the rear master cylinder on my Ardtail. I don't know if it is what you are after but it is what I came up with and it works great.

Raw
full

I need to get some new pictures posted up. I can't believe I don't have any with the frame all powder coated. Shame on me.

That's along the lines of what I had pictured that I would need to do... My bike was a heritage with a Drum rear... So my original setup was to pull, not push. Looks like I'll need to fabricate a new pivot. What's the frame to center of pivot distance in your pivot bracket? Also what's the length of the pivot tube?

I can get you some measurements, but it is a HHB brake pivot with a stock disc brake actuator and master cylinder. All I really did was cut, drilled and welded the plate on then matched the height and alignment of the brake pivot to the master cylinder in order to get a straight push from the actuator to the master cylinder and welded up the pivot.

"This should help people wanting to run forwards and rear disc" By BareKnuckles
Search the above line it is the title of a thread that will help. if you look at his build thread there is more photo's.

Last edited:
Back