Sold / Found / Inactive - Rear drum hub for 83 XS

staf0s

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the backing plate, but I need the drum hub for a later model XS (mine is an 81or 83 I honestly can’t remember)

I’m located in Southern California

Thanks!

Last edited:
Maybe someone can chime in here but would need to know the number of spokes being used. Forget which off the top of my head but I believe there are two different spoke arrangements used. Some have many more than the others.

Those I believe are the Heritage Specials where all spokes more or less are in pairs running parallel.

Sorry if I'm not too clear having a bad day with headache!

Maybe someone can chime in here but would need to know the number of spokes being used. Forget which off the top of my head but I believe there are two different spoke arrangements used. Some have many more than the others.

Those I believe are the Heritage Specials where all spokes more or less are in pairs running parallel.

Sorry if I'm not too clear having a bad day with headache!
My bike is a Heritage Special but I don’t have a rear wheel at all. Just the brake plate (bid on a complete wheel on eBay AND the brake plate in a separate auction and only won the damn plate lol)

So I suppose at this point anything will work

Do you know which years have the 36 spoke hub? 36hole hub gives me a huge option for rims
‘81 Special II and any other XS650 is 36 spokes. If you want just the hub, they’re all good but the Heritage models. If you wish to find the whole wheel, there’s more to the story.

‘81 Special II and any other XS650 is 36 spokes. If you want just the hub, they’re all good but the Heritage models. If you wish to find the whole wheel, there’s more to the story.
I was planning on using the stock hub/drum and using new spokes and an Excel Takasago rim. Not sure if the rim needs to be specific to the hub though