Rear drum mag and disc mag

Not really, no. The motorcycle frame has master cyl mounts and tab. Brake linkage is not the same. Swingarm not the same.
Thanks…my 81 has drum brake and I bought a set of drilled mags and just realized that the rear that I bought is disc…I was going to buy a weld on hardtail but it looks like they are all geared towards the drum from what I can tell.

Spacers are different. Disk mag caliper mount acts a a pacer on one side, (factory frame),. That wont make a difference if your putting on a hard tail, (you have to make spacers anyways). Also the MC mount for the rear disk would have to be reconfigured for a hard tail, not the same but you have to reconfigure the Drum brake pivot to suit a hard tail frame. Jut an extra bracket or 2 to make up for the MC and Reservoir

Spacers are different. Disk mag caliper mount acts a a pacer on one side, (factory frame),. That wont make a difference if your putting on a hard tail, (you have to make spacers anyways). Also the MC mount for the rear disk would have to be reconfigured for a hard tail, not the same but you have to reconfigure the Drum brake pivot to suit a hard tail frame. Jut an extra bracket or 2 to make up for the MC and Reservoir
Ok…makes sense. Much appreciated

Rear drum [mag or spoke] has a much cleaner look on a hardtail. Get out your drill , a few bits and spend some quality with your mags. .....

tim

Back