Rear Fender Mount

Not to hijack the thread or anything, but personally i would like to see pics of how everyone mounts their fender. Im looking to build a bratstyle myself and there's nothing i hate worse than a huge gap between the fender and tire.

If you have suspension, then the only way to keep minimal gap is to mount the fender to the swingarm so it moves with the tire. I know I'm stating the obvious.... So suggestion is to tie the front of the fender to a strap welded to the swingarm in front, and to use rear straps/rods tied to ears added to the rear of the swingarm similar to how you'd do a hardtail mount. Keeps the fender able to be removed this way.

Bpd106- the pic of my fender rig is on this post. It actually looked ok. The seat covered the bracket and the fender sat nice over the tire.

If you have suspension, then the only way to keep minimal gap is to mount the fender to the swingarm so it moves with the tire. I know I'm stating the obvious.... So suggestion is to tie the front of the fender to a strap welded to the swingarm in front, and to use rear straps/rods tied to ears added to the rear of the swingarm similar to how you'd do a hardtail mount. Keeps the fender able to be removed this way.

How much gap is necessary for tire swelling in general? would 1/2 inch b/w fender and tire be good if fender was mounted to swingarm?

I take a piece of 3/8' rope or rubber tubing and lay a couple strips on top or the mounted tire... then place the fender on top of that. finalize the mounting holes and your good. The rope keeps the spacing uniform while fitting. Unless you're drag racing that should be fine.

Back