Rear fender mounts for bobber

Capt_Zoom

Raider Rider/xs newbie
Reaction score
How did you bratstyle bobber guys mount the swingarm to your fender? Pics please...

I got an aluminum ridged duckbill fender on a rear disk brake equipped bike.

I'm thinking of attaching a little 'L' bracket to that little bolt on the top rearmost portion of the swingarm just above the axel adjuster bolt. And then either adding two tiny tabs to the duckbill.

Posted via Mobile

wondering that myself. thinking maybe welding a tab that I can tap a hole into that comes off the back of the lower shock mount.

I have a trailer fender mounted to the swing arm on my bobber and I've had a hell of a time keeping it together.
Red_Rocket2Vibs.jpg

Michigan Roads are pretty bad, plus I do some freeway (70-80 mph) riding. The rear fender is mounted to the swing arm in three places. Two fender struts and a mount at the bottom. I had a welder weld a tab at the bottom, that broke, and I've fabbed two L brackets and have had them break. My latest bottom mount seems to be working well. I took and utility knife to an old tire and cut out a ~4X4" square, drilled 4 holes in it, two for the swing arm and two for the fender, mounted with big washers. So the bottom is 100% rubber mounted. As for the fender struts, I've had the bolts break a couple of times. Now they are sleeve and rubber mounted. I bought some steel tubes from the hardware store and some black rubber radiator hose from the auto parts store. So, the whole rear fender kind of floats on rubber mounts. I have over 100 miles on this mounting setup and it's working great. I've also had to remount my rear lights off the swing arm and on to the frame. A couple of weeks ago the axle mounted license plate bracket broke too. I have it attached to the tool bag behind the seat now.

That rear end sure does take a lot bouncing and vibrations.

I have done them a few different ways. One way I use TC bros fender bungs and weld them to the bottom of the swingarm. To strenghen them i will either weld a washer to the inside of the fender to stiffen that area of the fender so it doesnt rip thru or if its a thick fender just put washers on the inside and then the bolts thru into the bungs. On the back part of the fender I make either fender struts or a sissy bar utilizing the single hole near the back of the swing arm above the adjuster. I will drill another one to match on the other side and make a mount that bolts on there and runs up to the fender to attach. I havent had any issues with fenders to this point. Heres a pic . Look under the battery box you will see those tcbros fender bungs.
ryansbike026-1.jpg

Back