Rear Signal Ideas

jaydett

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey all, I was wondering if anyone had any ideas on how to mount my short bullet style rear signal lights? The PO had cut off the tabs where the lights would have been mounted. Any ideas would help.

Thanks

Attachments

• '73tx.jpg
    '73tx.jpg
    240.2 KB · Views: 217
You could make brackets to hold them to the top shock mounts. Or, it looks like there's space where the rear fender bolts attach, right under the seat...you could simply replace those bolts with turn signals?

I looked at mounting them neer those fender bolts but the issue is the signals do not stick out far enough. They get blocked by the reflectors on the brake light/license plate assembly. Thank you for the ideas though

Oh...gotcha. Yep, using the stock tail light makes it hard to use smaller turn signals...unless you go with some sort of extensions on them (which defeats the point I suppose).

Hi jaydett,
mount a tubular crosspiece just below the rear light and mount the signals on it's ends?
I do believe there's an XS1100 accessory part that will bolt right on if you can find one.

Oh, right...you could try something like this...which mounts behind your license plate:
http://www.amazon.com/Saddlemen-Tur...ds=motorcycle+license+plate+with+turn+signals

Hi Brassneck,
yeah, that's what I'd have bought had I known they made 'em, rather than DIYing one.
And jaydett, spend the extra $3.25 to get the chrome one.
You can't buy even a small can of paint for that these days.
Mount the thing with 3 rubber washers & 2 plain steel ones and a nylok nut on each bolt or the vibration will fatigue it and the plate to pieces.

Hi Brassneck,
yeah, that's what I'd have bought had I known they made 'em, rather than DIYing one.
And jaydett, spend the extra $3.25 to get the chrome one.
You can't buy even a small can of paint for that these days.
Mount the thing with 3 rubber washers & 2 plain steel ones and a nylok nut on each bolt or the vibration will fatigue it and the plate to pieces.

Ha ha...well, it was your idea that reminded me that I'd seen something like that before. :)

And totally agree...rubber washers and nylon nut (or lock nut washers) are a must... they will vibrate!

Back