Rear Signal Location

XS650 Member
Reaction score
Hi all. So I have a 1976 xs650 and am trying to get it back to original state. It was in decent shape when I bought from original owner, really looked after. He had moved the rear signals to the end of the rear fender, after putting a rack on the back. I am now moving the rear signals to the original location, just behind the seat on the frame. Problem is that I need brackets to make this happen, they are oem parts I think, but can't find them online anywhere. Yamaha dealers tell me they are discontinued. Can anyone help me? They are called flasher stays, and I need the left and right. Hoping someone might have them or have some ideas. Thanks in advance.

Would it be too much trouble to put of a pic of how they were mounted on the rear fender? I have a rack too, and am perpetually bothered by stuff on the rack hiding the signals, and by trying to think of a good alternative place to put signals, and how to do it.

If what you're looking for are those flat oval shaped things at the inside ends of the stalks, a p.o. made my two front ones out of aluminum. Easy to make them if you can't find them here or elsewhere.

You may need a few other parts besides the brackets, namely the base washers with the funky pear shaped boss and the matching grommets with the pear shaped cut-outs, #7 & 8 .....

TurnSignals.jpg

Here's how they mounted, hung off the fender mount tabs on the rear frame loop .....

RearSignalMounts.jpg

yes, those mounts are exactly what I need. right now the signals are down by the license plate.

Back