Rearsets, electronic ignition and headlights

lassenc

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
Hi again guys

I am looking at some XS farkles for my newly acquired XS650 77.

I've seen some rearsets from the states at 224$ but have lost the link, are there several to chose from and what is recommended?

As for electronic ignitions I've read about most of them. The Probe engineering looks cool, but what do you guys reckon? Reliability is my main concern.

I've also seen some guys with some headlights that have the speedometer built into it, are they an item that can be bought at a shop or something custom made?

Hey,
Pamco makes a really nice Hall effect system electronic ignition. I have one in a home built chopper. Service is great on it too. Mikesxs has them, or Pamcopete direct.
As far as rear sets go, I make a nice set, all billet, linkage included. $175 shipped to lower 48. Check out a recent post in the classifieds.

Early BMWs had that light style, BIG $$$. mine was homemade, and not easy to do, but well worth it. Ill get a pic up later.

I am familiar with BMW prices, but do the speedo fit into that hole in those?

Sounds like a good deal on the rearsets, but I am located in Europe :)

Not sure of a stock XS speedo will fit or not. Some early Ducati singles had a nacelle mounted speedo, and you can probly use a aftermarket mini unit from Mikesxs, or something similar. I used one in my GT550 Cafe build i did last year. LOOK
GT550Forsale008.jpg

As far as the rear sets go, I can get a price on shipping across the pond. usually on something small like this it will add around $25 or so. I will look into it tomorrow if you like. What year is your frame?
XSrearsets-1.jpg

It's a 77 I am told, but I haven't got the bike into the garage yet, so I haven't checked the frame number.

That kit sure looks better than the one I found :)

77 is fine. I will have to make some mounts for it though. I am already gearing up to make some for another member, so i will hammer out a few , maybe 5 or 10 sets. where atin europe are you, so i can get an accurate shipping estimate?

77 is fine. I will have to make some mounts for it though. I am already gearing up to make some for another member, so i will hammer out a few , maybe 5 or 10 sets. where atin europe are you, so i can get an accurate shipping estimate?

Located in Denmark, but I will have to confirm it sometime later if I really want them :)

Back