reasonable price for a custom bobber ????

Thinking about putting my bike up for sale just wondering what you guys think is a reasonable price.
Hi Iron inc,
about the asking price:-
Ask $3,000. Don't take less than $2,000.
You'll never see all your money (including the parts you bartered for, they are still gone, eh?) or effort back but a thing's monetary worth is only what someone is willing to pay for it.
About the build:-
Saving that you kept the rear suspension, I hate what you did, even if the thing does look pretty and win prizes.
But hey, the last nice bike I butchered I ADDED rear suspension and tele-forks to a machine that left the factory as a girder fork rigid just so it would ride nicer.
A suggestion:-
Double up on your rear light and on the front bicycle light (yes, I did finally notice it) and convert them to stop/turn/tail at the rear and turn/headlight at the front with a 6way to 4way trailer conversion module (~$20 from NAPA)

@ Iron Inc.
You built a nice bike. In my area the asking price would.be around 3.5 -5.5k.
The finish/quality (from what I can see in the pics)of your bike would put it at the upper
end.

I would also agree with yamachop. The xs craze is on the wane.
Here they are all about the smaller bikes now.
Pit bike stunting being popular with the 20 something's and cafe racers from smaller CB's.

@xsleo, Sometimes you get what you earn.
Raggin on another's ride? Where is that in the biker code you grew up in?
You skip skool that day?

If anyone remembers Spades "Thug Life" build (my personal favorite), I believe it went for quite a bit more than mentioned here. I believe it was sold to someone down under. As far as function I can't say as I never rode the bike but it sure had form.
jefft

I say don't take anything less than $3,000. $3k is about the average from what I've seen. I still see some people asking $6k for their bikes. They sit around for a few years until they are parted out.

I would give $3k if it runs good (and if I was looking).

Thanks fellas I appreciate all the input . I meant to say I traded most of the parts for paint (I paint on the side ). I dont want to try to take advantage of a first time xs r or burn myself. I have seen a few bikes for 6k also but I thought that was kinda high for what they are.

Back