Rebel without a cause

BigGeorge

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
Well actually it does have a cause I guess. Its guarding my neighbors mail box. 1985 Honda Rebel, no title so my neighbor decides to let it stand guard over his mail box. Since his mail box is on my side of the road the Rebel ends up in front of my house and everyone assumes its mine. (please all you honda fanatics no more death threats). The first day it was there I seen the state police checking the vin#. Since then lots of people stop and look. Some leave notes asking if its for sale. Its been about 6 months now and the winter weather and salt spray from the plow trucks is starting to take a toll on the bike. I'll update the picture in spring so all the southern and south western riders can see why we dont ride our bikes in winter up north.

Attachments

• Snow 2011 020.jpg
    Snow 2011 020.jpg
    245.5 KB · Views: 224
Tell them they can have it if they dance a dance around it and sign a release for the video.

It is kinda sad since the bike was up and running and even without a title it would have made a good parts bike or project bike for some young kid who wants to learn to wrench on motorcycles.

Hell, someone STOLE my mailbox. I would never leave a bike near the road, unless I wanted it gone as well. And I use the post office now. Here's my 86 Rebel 450 the day I picked it up. It is much prettier now. Must be a PITA to have people pestering you about a bike that doesn't even belong to you :(.

Attachments

• 1986 CMX450.jpg
    1986 CMX450.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 175
Hell, someone STOLE my mailbox. I would never leave a bike near the road, unless I wanted it gone as well. And I use the post office now. Here's my 86 Rebel 450 the day I picked it up. It is much prettier now. Must be a PITA to have people pestering you about a bike that doesn't even belong to you :(.

I see your 450 had the rare invisible carb option.:laugh:

I live out in the country where the farmers keep an eye on everything. They leave expensive equipment out all the time. Its a well known fact around here, you do not want to get caught stealing anything. The bike is mounted to a piece of channel with leaf spring "U" bolts. It also straddles a 4 foot deep ditch so its not just a matter of grab and go. Thieves would actually have to work at removing it and risk getting caught. I dont know anyone willing to get shot over a Honda Rebel.
Now that winter is in full swing I dont get many people pestering me anymore. The bike is almost completely snow covered . I'll update the picture later today :bike:....... BG

Rebel pictures update Jan 24 2011 :yikes: :wtf:

Attachments

• Jan 2011 002.jpg
    Jan 2011 002.jpg
    202.9 KB · Views: 198
  • Jan 2011 001.jpg
    Jan 2011 001.jpg
    216.1 KB · Views: 174
Well its been over a year and the Rebel is still there guarding the mail box. Its quite rusty now but still intact. We decorated it for Halloween with this demon with a message for the county plow operators who tried unsuccesfully all winter to blast it off its mount with a daily tsunami of snow.

Attachments

• Happy Halloween 005.jpg
    Happy Halloween 005.jpg
    337.7 KB · Views: 192
  • Happy Halloween 002.jpg
    Happy Halloween 002.jpg
    331.3 KB · Views: 167
If it's a 250 Rebel, then who cares. the only decent Rebel was the 450.

ALL 250cc street bikes can suffer a similar fate, for all I care, gutless wonders that they all are.

Back