Recommendations for 0" stretch hardtails

ryno

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know Elswick Cycles and the David Bird are some that offer 0" stretch.
But after reading about how long it takes Elswick and their quality of communication, I'm a little hesitant.
Also I dunno much about David Bird, but I really don't like the "triangle block" look that connects the rails from the hardtail to the OEM frame.

Any suggestions?

There's always TC brothers, and they have them in stock....

Correct me if I'm wrong.. But I thought TC Bros has 3" of stretch 5" drop?

I hope I'm right, I have a TC Bros hardtail in my possession right now, that I'm getting rid of.

any reason why? it's really not that dramatic once you have it all together. i have a tc bro's hard tail. i'm 5'9, 175, and i actually LOVE the ride height...

Tc doesn't offer a zero stretch. I would sell it to. Bird would be your best bet. If you can't get over the boxes on the lower rails ( I don't like them either) find a fab shop in your area and have them hardtail the bike for you the way you want.

Posted via Mobile

any reason why? it's really not that dramatic once you have it all together. i have a tc bro's hard tail. i'm 5'9, 175, and i actually LOVE the ride height...

Honestly I just like the way it looks. Punskalar's bike inspired me ;-) Also i'm 5'7 135lbs. I just think it would suit me better.

Tc doesn't offer a zero stretch. I would sell it to. Bird would be your best bet. If you can't get over the boxes on the lower rails ( I don't like them either) find a fab shop in your area and have them hardtail the bike for you the way you want.

Posted via Mobile

Not to put a price on it.. but that seems awful expensive. Even if I wanted to.. I wouldn't even know the first place around here that does that kinda stuff. New to the area.

You can get a universal kit w/ plates from travis. Take it to a shop and have it done. I think LOVE CYCLES is out there by you look them up and give them a call if they dont want to take it on maybe they can point you in the right direction.

You can get a universal kit w/ plates from travis. Take it to a shop and have it done. I think LOVE CYCLES is out there by you look them up and give them a call if they dont want to take it on maybe they can point you in the right direction.

Travis?.. link?... Ohh TC Bros... That might be an option. Thanks IronSled :thumbsup:

Also.. Just for $hits and giggles, what would be a ball park for someone to build one from scratch? I was thinking around the $600 mark?:confused:

No, Travis this sites owner! I hate tc bros stuff!:laugh:

Go to the market place here and he sells them for cheap. I couldnt tell you how much labor would be cuz I do my own welding. I think 600 is steep tho.

I think the bird looptail looks best, the triangle pieces are down low on the bike so they aren't really noticeable with the bike completely put together.

No, Travis this sites owner! I hate tc bros stuff!:laugh:

Go to the market place here and he sells them for cheap. I couldnt tell you how much labor would be cuz I do my own welding. I think 600 is steep tho.

Oh, I hear that alot, what's so bad about their products?
Their universal kit is cheaper, but meh I'll help out xs650 when I can.
I have to talk to my fabricator and see if he can weld a universal for me (which I'm sure he can).
I don't really understand why anyone would want 1" instead of 1"1/8 instead though?

I think the bird looptail looks best, the triangle pieces are down low on the bike so they aren't really noticeable with the bike completely put together.

The loop tail is pretty rad. I just can't see past the triangles on the bottom they don't flow at all.

Back