recumbent motorcycle project...

shotgunjoe

XS650 Hunter
Reaction score
http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/mcy/3819749280.html

3I73J13Nc5N65Le5Hed5l9416fbf2eac61f9f.jpg

3Kf3L53J45Ie5K55Mad5l880c7a1518b11fdb.jpg

For the past few years I have been building a recumbent rear engine two wheel steering motorcycle with the ultimate goal of putting a protective and aerodynamically ideal shell around it. Producing a vehicle with the low cost and high performance of a motorcycle combined with comfort, safety, and convenience of a small car. Such a vehicle with a conventional gas motor can get 150+ mpg, in a diesel serial version, it could get 250+, an all electric version, even higher mpg equivalents. I am about 80% done with my 1st gen prototype and looking for help to get me past this and to the next level, where I all ready have serious investor interest waiting on the prototype completion. I have been bootstrapping this product and would really like to get it moving, market surveys for such a vehicle have had extremely promising results. Included is a photo of the prototype, a basic build that is heavy and simple just for testing the general idea and geometry, and also stylized renders of what a production version would look like. Visit my web site at www.motopod.us I just relocated from Connecticut and am in Auburn now.

News flash, Seattle:
Recumbant motorcycle in 60 mph frontal crash,
Driver's chest impaled, back crushed.
Driver looking for surgeon/chiropractic that can weld...

Wisconsin has rather tightly crafted rules regarding how much of the rider can be enclosed, covered by fairings. (ie not much) I think some automakers had a hand in crafting our DMV code. That one is too long and that is usual rub with recumbents, the thing just gets too damn long to be a reasonable 2 wheeler. Bicycle recumbents fight the same issues.

From the WI MC handbook.
Type 1 Motorcycle
Æ’ A Type 1 motorcycle is a motor
vehicle capable of speeds in
excess of 30 mph on a dry level
hard surface road with no wind,
with a power source as an integral
part of the vehicle, while carrying
Æ’ a 150 lb. operator AND is one
of the following:
y Designed and built with two
wheels in tandem, seating