reg/rec mod blowing 7.5 a fuse HELP!!

sailorsam

Blood, Sweat and Gears!!
Reaction score
I did the reg/rec mod per Pamco Pete's recomendation. although the reg is a MPE VR1010SB from napa. it was listed for a 1975 jeep cherokee. wired it using the existing connector from the stock regulator. Also did the rectifier upgrade. i keep blowing the 7.5 a fuse. what did i do wrong? bike is a 77 rotor tests good. i get 10.5 v at the gr wire on the brush. from reading the threads on this topic i shouldn't need the nylon screws. ok, so more testing wiring seems ok. fuse good at idle, as soon as i touch the throttle it blows.

Last edited:
where in the circuit is your 7.5A fuse? the Pamco ignition uses a 7.5A but not on the reg/rec circuit, the alternator puts more than 7.5 amps into the charging system 20 Amp main fuse is normal

I did the reg/rec mod per Pamco Pete's recomendation. although the reg is a MPE VR1010SB from napa. it was listed for a 1975 jeep cherokee. wired it using the existing connector from the stock regulator. Also did the rectifier upgrade. i keep blowing the 7.5 a fuse. what did i do wrong? bike is a 77 rotor tests good. i get 10.5 v at the gr wire on the brush. from reading the threads on this topic i shouldn't need the nylon screws. ok, so more testing wiring seems ok. fuse good at idle, as soon as i touch the throttle it blows.

Post the instructions with schematics to help understand your delima.

V/R
Riksoto

im with jayel. Can you post a diagram of your fuse placement? Stock wireing, or your own harness?

Back