review of TC Bros taillight

Waking an old thread here but I got a question on the wiring. I fully understand the ground wire and actually the light looks great ( http://www.tcbroschoppers.com/stop-tail-light.html ) but I am wondering what to do to keep the wires in the little spring clip idea. They are very weak and will not last long, I was thinking of soldering but I believe the light is not metal. Not knocking the TC boys here at all just looking for a clean reliable remedy

stop_tail_light_2.jpg

Hi Blacksheep,
that lamp body better not be plastic, it costs $5 more than their Stainless lamp.
Most likely it's powdercoated steel.
But I wouldn't solder onto it anyway.
A small aluminum P-clip held to the lamp body with a 1/8" aluminum pop-rivet or an M3 nut'n'bolt will work better.
And like the previous posts say, rubber mount the thing, you are bolting it to a paint-shaker.

Hey Thanks Fred, if I read it right you wrap the p clip on the stud that the wire would normally go through and then attach the wire? Sounds like a better idea for sure ... gotta see what i got. And then the cap and spring dont use? The light is stainless coated so I hope it holds together for a summer at least.

Hey Thanks Fred, if I read it right you wrap the p clip on the stud that the wire would normally go through and then attach the wire? Sounds like a better idea for sure ... gotta see what i got. And then the cap and spring dont use? The light is stainless coated so I hope it holds together for a summer at least.

Hi Blacksheep,
hey, I've never seen the innards of that light so I dunno exactly what goes on in there.
It's just that if you need to add something extra (perhaps a P-clip? mebbe a plain metal tag?) inside that light's innards to make a strongpoint
that you can tie the light's wires to for added security, it'll be easier to attach the thing with a pop-rivet instead of soldering it there.

Back