Rich Uncle dies and leaves you $15,000

Samuraiace

Workin from the shed
Reaction score
Here's the setting.

Rich old uncle of your's dies and leaves you $15,000 with the stipulation that it can solely be used on the love of your life, your XS650.
How would you spend your 15K??? And yes you can spend it on anything that would be for your XS I.E tools, work space, paint booth....as long as it ultimately contributes to your XS in the end.:D

Here's the setting.

Rich old uncle of your's dies and leaves you $15,000 with the stipulation that it can solely be used on the love of your life, your XS650.
How would you spend your 15K??? And yes you can spend it on anything that would be for your XS I.E tools, work space, paint booth....as long as it ultimately contributes to your XS in the end.:D

I'd say you should split it up and send a small amount to each of your friends here on the site....................$1000 to each of your 15 best friends. I have a paypal account:D

$15K to spend on my XS 650? Oh my! I see a second and maybe 3rd XS in my future. Mikes valve cutting set. Hugh's rephase on at least one engine. De'lorto carbs on at least one. A cafe build using Airtech vintage Ducati fairing. Powdercoating galore! Standard and XS 750 tanks. Manual fuel shutoffs! Mike's XS would be getting a BIG order. Somebody(Hoosier Racing?) would get a head or 2 for a port and polish job. Maybe a cam order...lessssseeee...........XS750 18" rear cast wheel for conversion.......

Rephase and big bore kit, then the rest would go in the kitty toward a new house with a 2 car garage for my dailies and and a 30x30 shop out back for my toys.

at first I thought that $15k was too much but after seeing some of your answers I'd now say its too little :laugh:

My current xs650 is my first so i'm reluctant to start chopping it up too much . You know how it is with your first !:D

I'd spend it on powder coating the frame painting the tank and panels and renewing all the fixings on the bike with stainless.

Renew the wiring loom and adding PMA and the new Pamco with electronic advance.

Clubman bars and rearsets etc to enable me to convert to a Cafe racer some time in the future.

Maybe a 750 or 850cc conversion :bike:

Is there any $ left ? ......then I'd put it towards a kitty for a UK xs650.com Owners tour

Mill, lathe, welder, foundry, tubing bender, dyno, flowbench, hydraulic press, and assorted tooling, to build custom water cooled heads and just play with performance. That would put me a little over budget though...

If I have the first four I can build the rest.

Back