right or wrong??

roadstar06

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
hey guys, I'm still putting it back together now I have more questions-#1- from block out washer sequence I have = 1mm,2mm,slide bushing,basket,1mm,bearing,2mm,hub,spring washer,tab lock,nut. right or wrong? manual and chilton only show bearing and 2mmwasher- when installed that way basket has play-when installed with 1mm,bearing,2mm no play...#2-should I be able to push clutch rod by hand to release clutch? because I can't and it doesn't turn either. new long rod installed,ball bearing then pc that makes contact to push hub cover..#3- chilton says 54-58 lbs for nut-yamaha says 94#s which is it??:doh:

Here's an assembly diagram that should help .....

ClutchWashers.jpg

Early diagrams did omit one of the washers between the inner and outer hub.

No, you can't push the clutch pushrod in by hand, too much spring pressure with the 6 clutch springs. Mostly, I'm seeing 58 ft/lbs for the hub nut. That's what I'd use. Don't know where that 94 lb. spec came from. I'm thinking that's too much.

Here's an assembly diagram that should help .....

ClutchWashers.jpg

Early diagrams did omit one of the washers between the inner and outer hub.

No, you can't push the clutch pushrod in by hand, too much spring pressure with the 6 clutch springs. Mostly, I'm seeing 58 ft/lbs for the hub nut. That's what I'd use. Don't know where that 94 lb. spec came from. I'm thinking that's too much.

thanks, thats the way i have it- the 94 lbs. is in the yamaha manual, when I took it off it was at least that tight or tighter ,I had to put motor on ground and stand on breaker bar to crack that nut!

Back