Rim locks

yellowdog

yellowdog
Reaction score
Hi does anyone else have a rim lock on the front wheel.?
I have just noticed a second hole in the front rim which should be for a rim lock
apparently.

You'll see an extra hole on some bikes with a 21" front that has been robbed off a trail/MX bike.

The rim is a 160a x 19 Takasago which I thought was probably the original rim ,the rear is the same make ,its possible that at some point new rims have been used.The second
hole is four spokes along from the valve, rim locks are normally fitted opposite the valve so I dont know what else this hole is.

Original was a 1.85 x 19 so that is a replacement, probably from some dirt bike.

I'm running wheels that were built by MX wheel company, so they have holes for rimlocks. Stock Honda CRF's come from the factory with 2 rimlock holes in the rear wheel, but only one lock. The 2nd hole is capped with a little rubber plug. Any dealer should be able to order some, or you can get them online. I'm using them for the unused rimlock holes in my rims.

$3.59 on bikebandit, #18:
http://www.bikebandit.com/houseofmotorcycles/2009-honda-crf250r/o/m18022#sch583777

Back