RLU bypass done, now blowing a fuse. help!

XSFazz

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm back again with another problem/question!

So since I decided to relocate the electronics to underneath the seat, and move the battery box, the first thing I did was bypass the RLU. I cut the connector off of the wires (I am never going to put this thing back), twisted the blue/yellow to the blue/black wire, soldered them, and taped off the other wires.

Now when I turn the key, it immediately pops a 10A fuse every time. Did I miss something? I also moved that gold relay box thing that's under the right side cover, and kinda just zip-tied that in place for now, I wonder if that's why, because it's not grounded to the bike anymore? I can't think of any other reason why.

Any advice is appreciated, thanks!

I had a shop build me a custom harness and ended up completely going ham on an all-out build. So unfortunately I never figured out what I had incorrectly wired.

Sorry man. You having the same issue I'm assuming?

Yeah it's happening to me as well. I'm trying to hold off on the complete re-build till the fall but the electrical on my bike is killing me. One thing after another. We had the same issue so i was hoping you had it figured out.

Oh well.... looks like i might go the same path as you. Do you have a wiring diagram for your bike? I have the pamco PMA swap already done and i'd like to keep the electric starter and battery but simply everything else.

Thanks

Brian

I will ask the shop and see if he can draw me up something.

I also have the Hugh's PMA, PAMCO, and the Shorai Li-ion battery. I wanted to keep electric start also, so we are in the same boat.

Let me see what I can do!

Back