Robert M. Pirsig

I've been wanting to build one of those unique Bronson Sportsters all these years, but have not found a good donor bike. Maybe Ken will sell me one of his...........Ken!..................Ken !!!!...................are you listening, Ken ??!!................

and he was a decent singer. "Born to Lose"
That mumbley singing was even in Bronson character. If he was on Broadway no doubt he'd be belting it out like Ethel Merman. A really bone chilling piece of acting he did was where he is an underground modern day dueling master, who people contact to conduct their old-time duel of satisfaction. It's bone chilling because he is so matter of fact and emotionless, and bound by rules from somewhere.

That mumbley singing was even in Bronson character. If he was on Broadway no doubt he'd be belting it out like Ethel Merman. A really bone chilling piece of acting he did was where he is an underground modern day dueling master, who people contact to conduct their old-time duel of satisfaction. It's bone chilling because he is so matter of fact and emotionless, and bound by rules from somewhere.
I enjoyed his cameo roles in the Robert Rodrigues flics, such as Grindhouse.

215px-Grindhouse3.jpg

I see Tarantino on the poster, who called him "the greatest actor in the world" or something close. I liked him in Django Unchained, although I didn't know it was him at the time. Red State was...interesting. His son is in that AMC series on Sat. night named "The Son" which is great! It was filmed around Austin, using an Austin crew. I lived there for a bit an I see a lot that looks familiar! Dogbunny or 2M could tell us more about its production...

Hi kop,
RIP R.M.Persig for sure but oh my, I had to struggle with his book. Too much navel-gazing for my taste.
Coincidentally, I just finished reading Ted Simon's "Jupiter's Travels"
Again, too much "getting in touch with my inner being" and not enough details on how to get a 500cc Triumph all around the world but at least he made it.

Hi kop,
RIP R.M.Persig for sure but oh my, I had to struggle with his book. Too much navel-gazing for my taste.
Again, too much "getting in touch with my inner being" and not enough details on how to get a 500cc Triumph all around the world but at least he made it.
Fred,
Simon's book looks like an interesting read for next winter (which is when I read). My search for it also lead me to "Long Way Round", a Brit TV series with Ewan McGregor about a similar journey. Just rented it from my library.

Hi kop,

He!! Fred - You don't need to read some fancy philosopher-author type to find out how to get a 500cc Triumph all around the world.....I can tell you how to do it efficiently, reliably and with absolute certainty.....

.....crate it up and ship it air freight. :lmao:

<sorry....couldn't resist that opening...>

Back