Round foam pods, or oval K&N style

hi i,ve had a set of mikes oval filters for cv38 carbys forabout 7 years ,,,,,never been a problem ,,, i do have tooooo admit that when i did get the ovals i nearly hit myself in the noggin as they are nice and lite compared to the standard air boxesso they will not give dramas swinging of the back of the carbys,,,, regards oldbiker

Last edited:
The UNI foam pods will provide a little more of a dead space to draw from versus the K and N pods.. so on the stock carbs that setup would be easier to jet and use.. however the K and N will work.. but perhaps not as well.. if you had newer Roundslide or Flatside carbs such as Hughs weapon of choice (Lectrons) than the K and N would your choice.

With either filter type, what about carb support? With the twins vibration that has to put a lot of stress on the intake manifolds. anyone do any supporting of the carbs air intake side?

Some say you should, I never did. Been 5+ years and no problems so far. K&Ns for the 1st few years, now UNIs. UNIs are better in this respect as they're a bit lighter than the K&Ns. After using both, I think they work better, too.

Back