Routing One-Piece Front Brake Line?

PHeller

Erie, PA
Reaction score
How does everyone route the front brake line when they switch to a one-piece. I want to ditch the fork splitter and go straight to the caliper.

Any problems with this?

Posted via Mobile

My line was a bit long so I looped it to the left behind the headlight before going down over the front of the lower tree with it .....

BrakeLine.jpg

I made a guide for it out of S.S. and bolted it to where the splitter used to be. A short length of fuel line protects the brake hose .....

BrakeLineGuide.jpg

That looks great, and I didn't think about just making a small bracket like that.

Best place to buy the line?

Posted via Mobile

Mine was an eBay special. I bought a lot of 3, sold the other 2 and got mine free, lol.

Mine was too long too...I just looped it around in back of the headlight and came back across to the right side....I may re-route it.....if it was about 8" shorter (at least on my bike) it would be about perfect, but I suppose they need to length for all the different bar heights out there..
Tom

Back of the headlight (but in front of the top triple), then down behind the lower triple. I get them made to the length I want so I don't have any extra.

Simpler, less connection points to leak, and supposedly better feel.

I routed mine all the way from the brake caliper to the master cylinder. I highly suggest it.

p!nK

Back