Running the 750 BBK on stock internals?

Godric

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey y'all, it's that time of year again. I picked up a decent motor and frame with little compression, I was wondering if I could bolt on a BBK and nothing else? Are they pretty much plug n play? Im not looking to spend any more than maybe the kit, so maybe just get it a size or two over bored would be more efficient? The BBK does look good to me though. Thoughts? Thanks guys, ride safe!

In my experience BB kits they are pretty much bolt on and go. This is with the proviso that your bottom end is in good order and that you should always check all clearances.
Lots of ways answer your question all with different prices attached:
big bore kit including large fin barrel, big bore pistons and sleeves, 700cc original sleeves new pistons, 650 cc oversize. Dont forget to include the price of gaskets and boring which I understand is getting pricy.
You will have to work out what is the most cost effective for you and what you are wanting.
Firstly though have you determined that the low compression is due to the pistons/bore or some other reason a burnt valve for example.
It could work out a lot cheaper job to get it running nicely.

Back