Saddlebags?

Ivan DeSlayer

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Because I'm not sure and I've searched around a little bit with no real answer. What is the difference between motorcycle saddle bags and equestrian saddle bags? I'm working on stripping down my XS to do a bratstyle build and was given a set used/beatup/weathered saddlebags. They are awesome and I like'm alot and would go with the theme/image of my bike but I just don't know if I can use'm. They are to long but I'm told it's just a matter of shortening the "bridge". Can anyone answer if I can use'm?

yes you can use them, the difference is a horses ass is usually wider than a motorcycles, :D that is why you need to shorten the center web of the horse bags

yes you can use them, the difference is a horses ass is usually wider than a motorcycles, :D that is why you need to shorten the center web of the horse bags

Someone here did that and, as I recall, it looked quite nice and was practical as well.

A little creativity and willingness to experiment will be the primary determinant of what you can do. In fact, a "bagged brat" looks pretty cool in my head... you could start a new genre! :)

TC

Back