Saved by...

Boog

Traveling Stroyteller
Top Contributor
Reaction score
I have seen several threads about close calls and pucker factors. What is it that saves our bacon when a crash of some sort is close at hand? Devine intervention? Is it luck? Karma? Or it is simply skill and timing?

Yesterday when I walked outside to go home, I uncovered Yamato, my 2006 Stratoliner. It had been raining all day. The bike didn't start. I even tried to bump start it to no avail.

About 10 minutes into this trial, I saw several police cars heading south down I95 in the HOV lanes where I normally ride. It did not look like they were chasing anyone as they went by in singles.

Later that night, I discovered three people had died and others injured further south on that HOV lane. One of the concerns I have was realized by someone else there.

A high speed chase running North of the mainline of I95 busted through the HOV barriers into oncoming southbound traffic. As fate would have it, had Yamato started, I would have been very near to the scene of the mishap when it happened. It could have been me.

While I am inconvenienced by the bike not starting, this situation may have saved my life. The saying that every dark cloud has a silver lining seems true for me this time. I am thankful now that the bike failed to start.

Linked below is the article about the crash if you want more information.

Feel free to give your Guardian Angle stories.

Three killed in fiery 95 Express Lanes crash following police pursuit | Headlines | insidenova.com

Back