Seat Help Street Tracker

Frank47

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Any suggestions for softening the ride on my 76 yo butt with no padding? Was able to slip in 1cm gel pad under cover & re-glue but still too stiff. Know I won’t get sofa ride of ED seat on the road star. Thinking maybe strap on external pad for now. Will probably wind up re-upholstery with different foam but looking for short term cure. Tried Air Hawk in past (before ED seat) & didn’t like it. Thanks for any suggestions, especially photos of what you may have done.

Attachments

• IMG_1114.jpeg
    IMG_1114.jpeg
    379.3 KB · Views: 59
I have a very similar seat on my tracker. My 65 year old fat ass is good for 2 or so hours at a time. The foam is not real dense. I have considered getting denser foam and have an upholster redo the seat with a "Corbin" like fabric.

Any suggestions for softening the ride on my 76 yo butt with no padding?Tried Air Hawk in past (before ED seat) & didn’t like it.
Air hawks are best with very little air, if you haven't, spend some time changing the air volume, aside from the looks I think they are a big help.
With these changes I never felt the need to stand up for some butt relief on a recent 1600 mile trip.
r1200GS changes..jpg

Air hawks are best with very little air, if you haven't, spend some time changing the air volume, aside from the looks I think they are a big help.
With these changes I never felt the need to stand up for some butt relief on a recent 1600 mile trip.
View attachment 249694
I can attest to that; "good hearted Gary" hooked-up my tracker with his adjusted Air-Hawk - seat identical to yours - prior to a scheduled 200mi ride through the Ozarks........alas the rain & fog set-in and we only got 50 miles in that day. But, it was a huge help:thumbsup:
1692560663773.jpeg

Last edited:
I can attest to that; "good hearted Gary" hooked-up my tracker with his adjusted Air-Hawk - seat identical to yours - prior to a scheduled 200mi ride through the Ozarks........alas the rain & fog set-in and we only got 50 miles in that day. But, it was a huge help:thumbsup:
View attachment 249695
Put some padding on yer ass and that tracker seat is just fine. :)

Maybe a more "retro" style flat tracker seat could be more comfortable? The kind they used on Triumph/ Norton/ BSA flat trackers in the early 70's. Check out Gene Romero's Triumph and Dick Mann's BSA in "On any Sunday". Or this link:
https://cybermotorcycle.com/gallery/bsa-owners/BSA-Dick-Mann-Flat-Tracker.htm
The pad on the rear fender could be shaped and sized to personal preferences, or possibly omitted altogether.

Last edited:
I was thinking of a seat like this, sold for SR500, but should be fairly easy to fit on a 650:
https://www.kedo.de/fahrzeugteile/sitzbank/kedo-solo-sitz-anbaufertig-komplett-schwarz-22527.html
It definitely looks wider and more comfy than most fiberglass XR750/ Shell Racing XS seats.

Another factor with regards to a sore behind, is footpeg placement. I find the stock footpegs are way too far forward for best comfort, even with a stock "Standard" seat. I am 176 cm/ 5'9", with a 32" jeans inseam, and find that the stock pegs put most all my weight on my bum. So I have made some rearsets brackets that put the pegs pretty much between the footpeg bracket studs, for a much more balanced and active riding position.

Any suggestions for softening the ride on my 76 yo butt with no padding? Was able to slip in 1cm gel pad under cover & re-glue but still too stiff. Know I won’t get sofa ride of ED seat on the road star. Thinking maybe strap on external pad for now. Will probably wind up re-upholstery with different foam but looking for short term cure. Tried Air Hawk in past (before ED seat) & didn’t like it. Thanks for any suggestions, especially photos of what you may have done.
Update: put passenger seat Airhawk on & lots more comfortable with just a smigen of air.
image.jpg

heeeY gggGary, I like your new avatar. I am the same except my hours are from 7pm until 9am the next morn. (most times anyway)

1694474550560.png

Back