Seperate sections in Classefieds?

Stone

Just Livin
Reaction score
anyone else think thats a good idea, one section for wanted items and another for items that are for sale?

I was trying to look for parts and all i can see is WANTED

There is a box below the list of ads called Display Options. Use that to filter what you want to see.
See: http://www.xs650.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34

The Display Options box used to also be above the list of ads, but I must have accidentally removed it when updating something else. I'll work on getting it back on top.

I got it back to the way it used to be. The filter options are now also at the top of the classifieds section. Check them out. :cheers:

It's really too bad this board doesn't have a more responsive owner. Someone complains and it takes a half a day for a response and then another half day for a change to made to the board curing the "problem". Sheesh like watching paint dry!

still new to the forum but ever thought about a section for non bike items for sale,i see alot of guys on the "ANY HOT RODDERS HERE" thread that have custom cars,trucks and other things.might be and good thing just my 2cents.

You'd probably get more money on the HAMB and it's better suited for it.

However, how about the ability to change the type of classified to "sold"

Any chance of making it compulsory to show the country your advertising/selling from? Its a pain in the arse trawling the ads only to find out theyre from across the pond, which is ok for stuff that can be shipped cheaply but otherwise not worth getting exited about! :shrug:

I've been thinking about some of the things you guys brought up...

Badolds81, that's a no go on the hot rod stuff. Don't want to stray too far from the focus on motorcycles. Tools and things like that are okay though.

Gary, I've been thinking about doing something like that for a while. I've been talking about upgrading the forum for a long time and after that's done I'll look into upgrading the classifieds section. There's no point in making the modifications to the software twice. It's probably going to be a while though unless you know a programmer who will work for next to nothing. I might be able to implement some kind of quick fix with having two sets of prefixes, one for the active listing, and another for the inactive ones... hmm..

XS1961, We could be a little harder on enforcing rule #7 that says: "Include your location or the areas you are willing to ship to." If you see people that don't follow that, politely tell them that their ad or profile needs to have a location according to the rules, or use the report post
report.gif
button and I'll block the ad until they post a location.

:bike:

Gary, I've been thinking about doing something like that for a while. I've been talking about upgrading the forum for a long time and after that's done I'll look into upgrading the classifieds section. There's no point in making the modifications to the software twice. It's probably going to be a while though unless you know a programmer who will work for next to nothing. I might be able to implement some kind of quick fix with having two sets of prefixes, one for the active listing, and another for the inactive ones... hmm..

Any way to allow users to "close" their own classified thread?

Jimmy, that would probably be the easiest solution huh?.. I'll look into it when I get some time.

Any way to allow users to "close" their own classified thread?

If they are to lazy to type in sold....................:banghead:

What about a time limit and the thread gets wiped, 1 month, then if they want to sell the parts unsold they can re list them

Yeah but you can't change the TITLE to read sold after what I think 24 hours? I try to be real good about marking my stuff sold and will even mark if I was the one who sold something to the OP if they don't

Aw let him he can double it, no I am feeling generous, triple it!

Thanks Trav, I owe you man.

Back