SevenSix Fabrication: xs650 build. 5 week dealine!!

Curious how far back those mounting tabs go on the front of the tank ?

Yea I see where your coming from. I just like that sizes like 1/4"x20 or 5/16'x18 for example are so easy to find that you don't have to worry if you lose a bolt on the road.

Fair enough... Too many guys IMO don't have a reason other than just because its easier. Im a bigger fan of metric to begin with and if I keep it all the same then that means one set of bike tools and I can do more with less. Looking forward to seeing the finish of this.

065169AF-3E63-497E-BFF0-935B2B0CBA4A_zpspmci3f8y.jpg

sorry for the lack up updates guys, ill post a longer run through later but for now.....

A28B83AF-EDF1-466C-8DB5-24D90EE8530A_zpsuxtvmk07.jpg

BC9A58F1-78E4-477D-A7E8-1519E19AD754_zpsswwikxt6.jpg

Is it done yet??:bike:

Been 5 weeks!!:D

Well heres the story, my customer actually commissioned me to build this bike for her boyfriend as a Christmas gift. This was early november, I said it could be done. So i started building, and me being me took it wayyyy over the top. So as Christmas came closer I decided that although I could finish it in time, it would have been rushed. So I told her it will Look like a finished bike, just not run for Christmas. I delivered it a few days before so he would be surprised xmas morning, and I will be picking it back up in a few days to work on it in peace.

Looks great. Are you a certified welder?

Jon

No, i do not have any certs

Well heres the story, my customer actually commissioned me to build this bike for her boyfriend as a Christmas gift. This was early november, I said it could be done. So i started building, and me being me took it wayyyy over the top. So as Christmas came closer I decided that although I could finish it in time, it would have been rushed. So I told her it will Look like a finished bike, just not run for Christmas. I delivered it a few days before so he would be surprised xmas morning, and I will be picking it back up in a few days to work on it in peace.

Fair enough bud, I was just yanking your chain!:D:thumbsup:

Nothing is good when it's rushed, but I bet it was a nice surprise for the owner!

Take your time, make it good! Well it is so far what we can see!!:thumbsup:

Fair enough bud, I was just yanking your chain!:D:thumbsup:

Nothing is good when it's rushed, but I bet it was a nice surprise for the owner!

Take your time, make it good! Well it is so far what we can see!!:thumbsup:

Yea i reached the point where I had not slept in 3 days and was just making mistake after mistake, and decided this bike is too good to rush. The dude is so pumped though! I'm jealous of him haha

Hey guys, I am the owner of this bike.

Just wanted to post an ACTUAL update...

I have not received my bike after being promised it by Christmas, and every month to follow. He has been paid in FULL.

He is in Canada right now, and I hope to meet with him to resolve this as soon as he gets back. I will keep everyone posted.

Follow me on Instagram (ryguysurette) as I will update there as well.

Thanks,

Ryan

Damn dude that sucks, I know others are having problems as well. I'm lucky my situation worked, but it took a while. I was wondering why I haven't seen any action shots of that bike yet on IG.

Yikes man, thats rough. It's primo ride time around here. Hope everything works out for ya, it sure is a sweet looking bike! Hope to see some on-the-road shot of 'er on here soon.

Holy hell.....almost 5 months over on something promised in 5 weeks?.....that's totally unacceptable.

Sorry to hear that....unfortunately in this industry it's more common then it should be.

Did it get any further then the last picture in this post?

Back