Shaved and Polished Lowers!

Punkskalar

Hugh's HandBuilt
Reaction score
Now shaving your XS650 Lowers and installing new seals for you! These are done on a lathe, and hand finished. Pictured is a set of fully polished 35MM lowers with the brake mount left intact. $150 (+$50 for polished) on exchange (In stock now, just send me yours when you pull them off)

100_5567.jpg

HughsHandBuilt@gmail.com
OR Find me on Facebooks - http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Asheville-NC/Hughs-HandBuilt/128114490571331

Last edited:
Would you consider doing a single leg (for those of us that would like to retain a front brake)? Nice work, btw!

The brake side is shaved as well, even in between the brake mounts. It takes alot of hand blending to make it all match. This is a matched pair, and I can leave both mounts, remove all mounts (for you crazy no brake guys)

If you saw a stock set of forks compared to these, you'd see a very obvious difference.. :thumbsup:

Hugh, send me a PM with a price. I have a set of legs that have all mounts removed but could use to have them cleaned up and polished.

DAMN IT!!!! where were you a month ago. I opted to for powdercoat after making a post over at chopperunderground. lookin good though

Is the left one "fatter" than the right one?

No, its just the angle of the picture. Its just the opposite when you leave the brake tabs, the one with the tabs will be just a hair fatter than the completely shaved leg. Not by much, but its necessary to clean them up this nice.

ah.. I actually meant the left one in the picture (which is the right leg) so I guess then the answer would be yes it's fatter than the right. How much fatter is it? Also, how thin do the walls of the fork lower get? When I've measured a few of them, they are always oval with more material on the front and back. Getting them round again would mean removing a significant amount of material. Any concerns about weakness?

Getting them round again would mean removing a significant amount of material. Any concerns about weakness?

Exactly. Stock forks are nowhere near round at any given point. Lots of machining and blending to make it look just right. My personal forks are turned to 1.8" OD and I've jumped that bike off of curbs, ridden wheelies and hit the dirt roads flat track style all the time. I've got over 12K miles on my setup and have never given the shaved forks a second thought.

When you look at the uppers and how far they are installed into the lowers, you only have about 5" or so of fork that isn't supported by the uppers. In otherwords, no concerns at all about weakness. :thumbsup:

That's great.. Yes, lots of blending work around those brake tabs. The one in the picture looks excellent!

Hugh did a set for me. When I opened the box and saw them, my jaw hit the floor! The pic at the top of this thread does not do them justice. They shine like chrome!
Thanks, Hugh!

Hugh did a set for me. When I opened the box and saw them, my jaw hit the floor! The pic at the top of this thread does not do them justice. They shine like chrome!
Thanks, Hugh!

Thanks for the compliments, thats the kinda thing I like to hear :thumbsup:

Hugh, beautiful work!

Again, thanks!!

Do you happen to have any 34mm lowers ready to go??

I do not have any 34MM in stock, they are not that common for me, but I do machine and polish them from time to time.

I have som 82-35mm Forks. Can I send these to you with the tubes in them or would you prefer them out? Great work. I'm in Nashville, I could almost drive them over. : ) Love the French Broad River & Ashville.

I have som 82-35mm Forks. Can I send these to you with the tubes in them or would you prefer them out? Great work. I'm in Nashville, I could almost drive them over. : ) Love the French Broad River & Ashville.

Its better for you if you send just the lowers, since the shipping is cheaper, and you don't have to pay me to disassemble and reassemble. If you wanna spend the extra coin, I don't mind either way...

The good ol' Dirty Broad.... Paddled it last year, think it gave me a rash :laugh:

Back