Shortened Pamco wires

Sazbo

Sazbo
Reaction score
i shortened the wire on one side of my E-Advancer by like 3" will that mess it up, and how close is too close to have the e-advancer to the coil. Thanks

Shortening the wire is just fine. I honestly don't know an exact distance at which interference will occur, but I'll take a guess and say try to keep 8" or more separation.

Edit: I just measured, and my E-advancer is 17" from my coil.

Last edited:
Note: Use either resistor spark plugs or resistor spark plug caps but not both.

Wiring the E-Advancer

Cautions:

1. Do not connect the sensor directly to the coil for any reason as it is not capable of driving the coil and will be damaged.

2. Do not connect power to the ignition system until the installation is complete

3. Do not disconnect the battery with the engine running.

4. Do not disconnect one spark plug wire with the ignition on.

5. Do not apply power for more than 45 seconds if the engine is not running.

6. Use of the 17-6810 "Green Monster" coil will void the warranty.

Failure to observe the above cautions will void the warranty

The E-Advancer basically is wired in between the PAMCO plate wiring and the coil. The label on the E-Advancer points to the right to the wires from the sensor plate and to the left to the wires going to the coil. If you are installing the E-Advancer in an existing standard PAMCO ignition setup, then start by Disconnecting the red, green and black wires going to the coil from the sensor plate.

1. Connect the red, green and black wires from the sensor plate to the red, green and black wires from the E-Advancer wires pointed to by the arrow on the right side of the E-Advancer box.

2. Connect the red, green and black wires from the left side of the E-Advancer box to the coil, battery and ground with the red wire going to the switched battery terminal of the coil, the green wire going to the other coil terminal and the black wire going to a suitable frame ground.

3. Mount the E-Advancer in any convenient location, but not directly above the engine or near the ignition coil. The best place is under the left side air filter cover simply tie wrapped to the wiring harness.

Back