should my bike have this much lean

toddr513

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
now i know i post random threads but call me crazy but this doesn't seem right....i have a 75 and got a stand off a guy here for a 75 cause the stands are specific for that year but it just doesnt seem right... as you can see the bottom stand doesnt even sit flush with ground....any advice...or tell me hey man, ur crazy thats its normal....would help

also i was thinking about taking in the side stand and heating it up and bending it but its a hard to find stand and i payed good money for it wouldnt want to possibly ruin it more

Attachments

• IMG_7654.jpg
    IMG_7654.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 169
  • IMG_7655.jpg
    IMG_7655.jpg
    183.5 KB · Views: 160
  • IMG_7657.jpg
    IMG_7657.jpg
    206 KB · Views: 135
Is that the one you bought from me? It was even worse for me cause of the p.o. cutting and moving my stand mount and refabbing the stand. Had i known id have said something.

Posted via Mobile

No idea. Got it from ebay. Or its not actually for an xs or tx. But i compared the fiche and picture before i bought. All i know is the p.o. monkeyd with my mount and stand so im forever doomed with it, atleast till i learn to weld.

Posted via Mobile

i mean its all good no hard feelings guess we both just got the short end of the stick, got another stand im going to take into work tom cut and bend

If you've added longer than stock rear shocks, the bike is going to lean over more. I had to mod my stand after doing that. It was simple, just some plate welded to the bottom of the foot. I started with 3/8" or 1/2" plate, added another 1/4" piece because it still leaned a little too much. Now it's perfect. I shortened and modded the tang as well.

ModdedSideStand.jpg

Back