Show me your air filters

hotrdd

XS650 Junkie
Reaction score
Anyone willing to share some ideas of some unique air filters? I'm hunting for some ideas. right now I have a K&N cone filter but am not sure how I should mount and if I'm going to build a manifold to connect the two Carbs to on filter.

Not sure what you have in mind, but here's the setup I'll likely stay with for my single-carb conversion. It might be a bit unique, depending on how you define it, but the bike seemed to like it when I tested it today, with the shroud I made. The other side has an automotive ignition coil cover where the other carb used to be, to neaten things up visually and close the space to unwanted buffeting.

TC

Attachments

• 100_1149.jpg
    100_1149.jpg
    320.3 KB · Views: 213
  • 100_1151.jpg
    100_1151.jpg
    324.1 KB · Views: 186
  • 100_1152.jpg
    100_1152.jpg
    318.9 KB · Views: 192
  • 100_1155.jpg
    100_1155.jpg
    333.7 KB · Views: 186
Yah right now I have two Carbs and was thinking about keeping both Carbs but into a single air filter. Who designed your manifold? It looks nice.

hotrdd, that's a joe-wiseguy intake. He's on there from time to time. It's a very nice piece.

If you want to use one filter off a "split" plenum, you might be able to fashion something out of an exhaust collector/header like some of the guys have done for intake manifolds.

Perfect I never thought of trying to do that. I was going to form something out of foam and then create a fiber glass one.

If you can cut and weld, you might want to go with the header/collector. That would look trick! Then you could just jet the carbs accordingly.

Back