Showing a little rugged individualism to the bagger crowd

jd750ace

Front Toward Enemy
Reaction score
So yesterday after work I thought it would be a great idea to get on the XS and stretch her legs a little to the northwest of Auburn (Maine), out toward Rumford. Decent mountain scenery and the roads are better in general than they are right down the interstate alley here. I blew out that way, enjoying the weather and the roads, and relatively light to no traffic. :)Pretty much had it to myself. All the speed limits are pretty low too (45-50) so it inspires one to look around and soak up some scenery. Along a particularly nice stretch I met several packs of bikes, so I figured I was in the right place. I stopped for fuel and tanked up in South Paris. With the heavy bike traffic and 4 pumps max at the 2 gas stations close by, I rolled the bike off the pump, just walking it out to the edge of the canopy shade. Being a good neighbor. A pack of H-D baggers about 8 deep were rolling in as I did this. The guy that hit the pump where I was inquired as to if my "old bike" was broke. :laugh: I informed him that it ran just fine, don't worry about me. He gave a condescending glance at the old girl, with a whiff of oil smoke rolling off the right side (gotta fix that tach drive oil leak.) and I glanced around a little. His chick, and 2 more where kind of eyeballing my way. I threw my leg over and kicked the XS to life with a VROOOM in one kick, and winked at his woman, who smiled at me. :bike: Dude didn't like that! He gave her a pretty sour glance. I blasted out of sight with my paint shaker making music, and the ladies watching me go. :D
Guess that was more impressive than hitting the button. :thumbsup: Maybe it was my XS650.com Tee Shirt!

Good for you jd750ace! Would of been nice to be there too.
Sounds like damn good riding conditions too.
I've had a couple of H-D guys give me a cold shoulder here. Most people are all thumbs up, smiles and what the hell is that?

Rugged Individualism of the approval-seeking variety is harmless enough.

a real HD guy wont give you crap for riding a xs.he knows what it takes to keep ANY bike that old on the road! real bikers are more about the bike than anything.what yu ran up agin was some jonny cum lately riders that prob didnt even own a bike till they was way over 30 yrs old.i ride a 97 hd and a 79 xs.ill be a lot more likely to come over and talk to you about your xs than your evo or twinkie hd.they are dime a dozen.

and the real reason a real hd rider wont give you crap is cuz back in the day he wanted a xs, or a bonney and couldnt put on his big boy pants and buy one.that and he still admires the form and function of the xs.but thats just my opinion.

I get thumbs up around here...got a 1% club member lives bout 5 houses down...never talk to him...so they were having a get together few days ago...bout 7 dudes in there driveway... I rolled my bike down my driveway...and kicked it once....got there attention...then second kick vrrroooom....but then again maybe I should clean my shotgun for someone lookin for a steal....lol...anyways...get a lot of looks on mine

I was once chastised by a cop for not shooting someone who was stealing a lawnmower. Maybe the cop could get away with it.

I get thumbs up around here...got a 1% club member lives bout 5 houses down...never talk to him...so they were having a get together few days ago...bout 7 dudes in there driveway... I rolled my bike down my driveway...and kicked it once....got there attention...then second kick vrrroooom....but then again maybe I should clean my shotgun for someone lookin for a steal....lol...anyways...get a lot of looks on mine

the 1%er is not going to steal your xs they are not all bad people we all like to ride.
most bikers 1%er or not all started on bikes like the xs's. I have road HD"S for years
had a $22,000 custom HD stolen and got 14 from the ins. just got a bad taste in my mouth over it, started building xs's. any way I not in a club any more but some of my best friends( brothers) are 1%er's and all of them love my xs's and next time there out there stop over and drink a beer with them some of them my just become your friend's and may know a little about your bike.( we road and raced them back in the day ) :thumbsup:

Nah...wasn't tryn to be like that I know quite a few from different clubs...its all good not trying to disrespect anyone...I was just talk in shit.besides I gangbang so not worried... lol

Back