Single carb intake manifold weld up "KIT"??????

vmx960

XS650 New Member
Reaction score
Does anyone out there know of a company that would sell an intake manifold,made of steel or stainless, that a guy could weld up himself?? I want to build a single carb manifold, but I need the carb tucked in tight and inside the profile of the seat hoop, as this is for my,XS650mx project,to compete next season,in Vintage Motocross, in AHRMA's Northwest Regional Championship, in the "Sportsman-Open-Twin" class. So far I have built the wheels,foot pegs,and have the chassis mosty sorted with SC500 forks and Works Performance shocks. So this is an important piece to my VMX puzzle...... if anyone can help I would be appreciateve. Robin Hannah #960

There's no one marketing a kit like you're asking for. However, if you can weld, why don't you just order some pre-bent tubing from McMaster Carr or somewhere like that and piece them together?

OakBehinger, If I could get the one piece that bolts to the engine,and the U-shaped,iner-connecting tube, that I see on some of these 2-1 that are out there. I could put a nice manifold together. Does anyone know who makes the 2-1 ???

Joe wise guy is pretty accomodating, make contact and let him know what your requirements are. He will probably sell you the bts to make one up or maybe make one for you.

You could also search for "greensand foundry" on here and on UK e bay. This guy makes some nice cast 2 into 1 manifolds and has one that is straight rather than left or right exiting. (If I remember correctly 2 into 1 facing straight back towards the rear of the bike is difficult to achieve because the backbone of the frame is exactly where you would want the carb to be)

Back