For Sale - Slotted Rotors (Left & Right) & Left Caliper

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fleksta

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
Got it in my head to do a dual disc conversion but after sitting on these parts for a bit, I changed my mind.

I have a set of slotted rotors off of a 1980 XS1100:

Rotors are clearly marked R & L. Appear evenly worn and in good order. Measure the same (11 3/4 inches) as the rotor on my XS650. According to the research I've done these are direct bolt ons. Will include the necessary hardware to bolt on the left side...reuse your existing for the right.

I also have a left side caliper for an XS650. Will need pads and mounting bolts.

Also, I found a caliper rebuild kit hanging in the garage, so you can have that too!

All for $100 shipped within the states.

bZ1K0fB.jpg

wc7EEX9.jpg

Xy01HKN.jpg

Last edited:
Nobody adding dual discs?

I found a caliper kit in the garage, so that is included as well. Just add pads and lines!

This is actually very tempting. I am currently looking to replace a rotor for just a regular single caliper setup - but your price is really nice for two rotors. I wonder how hard is it to set up a dual caliper system.

I might bite. I will do some more research and will get back to you!

Would this fit for a 1973 TX650? I know the years had some differences. I could get a dual disk caliper hose, but I am not sure how well your set-up would work. I will do some research as well.

I'm not sure that it would...I believe the early models had different forks but I don't recall which year that changed.

Damn... Yea, mine are 34mm forks. I think, don't quote me, 74'+ had 35mm forks. I'm not getting much luck for adding dual disks, seems like the builds I have seen do a front end swap.

Would this fit for a 1973 TX650? I know the years had some differences. I could get a dual disk caliper hose, but I am not sure how well your set-up would work. I will do some research as well.

Hi Murr,
those slotted disks won't work with the 34mm fork tube brake calipers.
they'll bolt up to the wheel just fine but their dish depth ain't the same so they don't line up with the calipers.
You can do a twin-disk conversion on your '73 using a second two-part disk and I understand the 34mm fork caliper can be reassembled as a mirror image if you don't mind it's bleed caliper being on top instead of underneath.
I'm not sure about the 34mm fork master cylinder though. The 35mm M/C is too effin' big to work a single disk nicely but it's just about perfect for dual disk.
The 34mm fork M/C may be better-sized for a single caliper so you may need a larger one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back