Snap Ring Pliers for Master Cylinder

These, bar none. Theyre the only ones that would reach deep down inside my 1973 Honda CB350 front brake master cylinder to rebuild it.

Just used em again on my 1980 Special rear brake master cylinder to rebuild it.

1677631667022.png

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07WMMKFNG/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Last edited:
After years using some el cheapo snap ring pliers I butchered on with a grinder to get down into MC mastercylinders I finally bought one of the purpose built pair.
KIMG3159.JPG

You can see how that worked out for me...................
Hint; BEFORE diving in with the snap ring pliers, grab your high strength pick or other long skinny tool, get down there and FREE up the snap ring, do whatever it takes to get it "unstuck" from the groove it's rusted and gunked into. Once freed up it's MUCH easier to get it out with the snap ring pliers. Truth be told I'm not beyond spraying in a bit of rust buster to help loosen it.

Last edited:
Yes, those long nose 90° ones are the hot ticket. They also work great on the '78-'79 slide needle snap ring .....

InternalSnapRingPliers.jpg

InternalSnapRingPliers2.jpg

InternalSnapRingPliers3.jpg

InternalSnapRingPliers4.jpg

I got my first pair from Mike's many years ago. Then they stopped carrying them and they were hard to find. Recently, they've popped up all over Amazon so I picked up some more.

Back