soft-tail build

1xxrjxx1

XS650 Member
Reaction score
I now live in michigan, and the roads are horrible. I love the hard-tail look but ideally would never work here. So I'm hoping this idea will work for my soft-tail build.

Attachments

• photo 2.jpg
    photo 2.jpg
    148.7 KB · Views: 205
  • photo-1.jpg
    photo-1.jpg
    145.5 KB · Views: 256
Are you using a softail Harley shock? They work the same way. I like the idea, out of the box.

I making a cb750 chop using softail shocks under the swingarm. Looking at the bike I would have to agree with the others and say you need some tension shocks. I think buell has a mono tension shock but they are long. Harley shocks are easy to come by and are about 11 inches long. Or your other option is to run a pneumatic piston and slam it on the frame to park it, that might be pretty bag ass. My 2 cents.

The shock that's resting in there currently is just a mock up design. It's not the shock I'm using (it's the springer from the seat). I have a couple gsxr 750 mono shocks laying around and was going to use them. Or I was thinking of buying a DNA shock or two from the aftermarket HD part catalog.

I've done a couple bagged trucks so I was also thinking of bagging it! Like Projectallover said.

Anyways does anyone know what size these tires are, on the picture I just posted?

Attachments

• tires xs 650 .jpg
    tires xs 650 .jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 176
Back