Some Direction Please

DTree

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys. I'm obsessing about getting an xs650. I was wondering which way I should proceed to stay within my 5 k budget. Should I find one built already. Or should I build one my self. I'm pretty handy at swinging tools and such. I've never built a bike but have researched these bikes so much I think I have a pretty good idea on what It entails. I knw I could spend a small fortune on a bike build. But I like the old school no bling bad ass flat black bobbers. Any advice is much lay appreciated. Thanks:thumbsup

I'd go with find a runner and build yer own.

Several advantages to that approach:

1. You know exactly what you've got when you're "done". (Hah...he said "done" :laugh:)

2. It can be done in stages.

3. It can be paid for in stages.

4. You can make it a licensable, ridable, dependable runner and then upgrade and tweak over time (and in the winter...) as the spirit moves you.

5. Eventually you'll know that sucker inside and out and be able to diagnose and fix about anything.

6. If you're bent that way, you can make it uniquely yours, not another wannabe assembled from a fat wallet and a catalog.

Down Easter thank you. I think my imagination is gonna make my project pop off. I totally agree with what u suggested. He said done. Lol. I like that. Nothing is never complete eh. Haha thanks again.

Should I order a prefab hard tale from one of these Internet sites? Any in particular that are sound?

Should I order a prefab hard tale from one of these Internet sites? Any in particular that are sound?

I'll let others speak up on that. I'm a stocker kind of guy.

I do know there are a couple of different sources for weld-on tails that are well thought of here.

Back