Some measurements needed.

Aussie 650

Budget Bobber Builder
Reaction score
Hey guys. Im currently living in Italy with my Fiance and will be heading home to Aus in March. I have an XS650 waiting for me which I have played with a bit and am keen for my next one. Unfortunately the bug has gotten to me a little early and Ive got not a great deal to do while the girl organizes the wedding lol. I have done up a 3D model so I can play around with some ideas and different designs. Its not for exact dimensions, more just to play with a few different looks i guess you can say. Now on to the mesurements, can someone grab the measurements that are in red. The ones with the arrows are the most important. The steering head column length I have found a few different lengths either 170 or 190? The most important measurements have arrows, the angles I can work out. Cheers guys! I hope to have one of the first Virtual after, before and actual after build threads. Also a sneak peak at the 3D pic. Its not the best but at least it resembles a 650! Oh also what is the diameter of the standard frame? I have used 1''.

Oh and triple tree width? in other words how far apart are the forks centre to centre?? Cheers again and hope u all had a great new year!!!

Attachments

• Mesurements.jpg
    Mesurements.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 106
  • 3D.jpg
    3D.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 122
Last edited:
the backbone diameter is 1 1/4", frame is 1 1/8" steering head is 7 3/8" .long.
Backbone angle is 26 deg. downtube angle is 15 deg The vertical line to the sidestand is
16 1/4". Steering head to seat post is 22 3/4". c to c fork tubes 7 1/4"
Frame measurements are taken from a '76 . Forks from an '80. Hope this helps you..
Sorry I didn't have a metric tape on hand...just old fashioned inches!
Cheers!

If you are constructing a 3d virtual frame I would love a copy of that file when you are done.

You sir are a legend!! Ill be working on a 3D hardtail with fully ajustable hardtail section. That way I can see what I like. Happy to share it with all. Will post up when im Done properly with the new measurements! Thanks again!!

Back