Sparx Capacitor local???

Milk_Jesus

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
Trying to see if there's anywhere local that I can buy a flux capacitor (or similar capacitor that will work with my pma swap/NEW pamco ignition kick only '80 xs650 so that I don't need a battery).

I'm guessing this isn't something home depot carries, so....any ideas where I should check? I live in boynton beach, fl if that helps anyone.

Electronics supply stores will carry a verity of the larger capacitors. Not house hold or commercial electronics, but TV, stereo electronics.

Electronics supply stores will carry a verity of the larger capacitors. Not house hold or commercial electronics, but TV, stereo electronics.

what specs do I need to look for to know which capacitors will work for me? I know absolutely nothing about them, unfortunately.

30 volt, 15,000micro farads should do you OK. I think those are the numbers for the Sparx's. I run the Sparx on my bike and have had no problems at all. I really like the spring they sell with it to minimize vibration.

30 volt, 15,000micro farads should do you OK. I think those are the numbers for the Sparx's. I run the Sparx on my bike and have had no problems at all. I really like the spring they sell with it to minimize vibration.

Well I'm trying to kick the bike over this weekend. I get my pamco tomorrow and I'm tying up the pma swap tonight so all I don't have yet is the capacitor. I do have a good battery in my garage so how could I hook it up to the battery for the time being just to see if it'll start?

Also if you havnt run it with the pma yet it's a good idea to run each system off a separate battery to avoid overpowering/frying your pamco.

Also if you havnt run it with the pma yet it's a good idea to run each system off a separate battery to avoid overpowering/frying your pamco.

Can you explain that a little more? I know NOTHING about electrical/wiring so I'm nervous about all of this. Once the pamco is installed and the pma is installed, I need to figure out step by step how to do this so i don't fuck anything up!

All you need to do is wire each system as you normally work using the instructions, but rather than running them both to one battery you'll use a battery for the ignition and one for the charging system(on the floor or wherever with jumper wires). This makes it impossible for the charging system to overpower the ignition in case something isn't right. Test the battery voltage from the charging system with it running. If it's within specs go ahead and wire everything propery to the 1 battery or capacitor you plan to use. If not within specs you'll have some investigating to do.

All you need to do is wire each system as you normally work using the instructions, but rather than running them both to one battery you'll use a battery for the ignition and one for the charging system(on the floor or wherever with jumper wires). This makes it impossible for the charging system to overpower the ignition in case something isn't right. Test the battery voltage from the charging system with it running. If it's within specs go ahead and wire everything propery to the 1 battery or capacitor you plan to use. If not within specs you'll have some investigating to do.

Thanks for the pointers! Does it matter what kind of key setup I get? Are they all pretty much the same?

Back