Speedometer options

shafti76

XS650 Member
Reaction score
For reasons unknown to me the guy who owned my XS650 before me sealed over the spot where you connect the speedometer to the transmission. So I find myself looking for other options for a speedometer. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks guys

Yeah sorry, thats what happens when your multitasking while typing. The spot where the tach would connect to the motor is sealed. I just need to be able to connect a speedo somewhere and this is something I've never done before. Lil Help!!

Stock speedo connects on the left side of the front axle... I'm guessing previous owner removed that too. You should be able to easily add a stock speedo or any of the aftermarket speedos that have the same ratio. checkout mikesxs for examples.

For reasons unknown to me the guy who owned my XS650 before me sealed over the spot where you connect the speedometer to the transmission. So I find myself looking for other options for a speedometer. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks guys

You could search the classifieds/ebay/etc for another complete right side cover. Will have everything you need to bolt right up and connect your tach.

Back