Spoke advice needed, 19" 2.15 takasago to TX hubs

panama

XS650 Member
Reaction score
Hey all,
I recently swapped out my XS650 mag wheels for spokes from a TX650 however the rims on the TX are unusable. I have been given some excel takasago 19x2.15 rims that I would like to lace to the TX hubs.

Can anyone provide any insight as to whether or not I can purchase any spoke kits from mikes that will likely fit this configuration. I don't have the spare cash to have them laced by a pro so I will need to do this myself.

Thanks in advance

The original front rim was a 1.85 x 19 so those spokes would probably work fine on the 2.15 x 19. That rim on the rear though is probably going to be a problem and require custom length spokes, or at least spokes a different length than what Mike's offers. It's possible front drum spokes for the XS1/1B may work for a 19" rim on the rear but I'm only guessing here.

Thanks for your reply 5twins. If i was to swap out the 19 rear takasago for an 18x2.15 is it likely that the mikes spokes would fit? I'm trying to find the most cost effective route here as i mentioned money is pretty tight. I could sell that 19 and buy a 18.

Yes, if you had an 18" rear then spokes would be no problem. If you check your original rear spokes, you'll see they're about 150mm long. If you check the fronts, you'll find them to be about 186mm long. Put a 19" rim on the rear and you'd need something in between those lengths. The front drum spokes are about 160mm long and, like I said, may or may not fit. You'd be taking a gamble buying them and hoping they would.

Back