Springer front end with stock wheels?

AK4900PA

XS650 Member
Reaction score
I'm getting ready to start gathering parts for my winter project. I'd really like to run a black DNA springer fork with a set of drilled stock wheels like ardcore used on their bad penny bike. I know the springer fork is designed to run harley wheels, but is it possible to run the oem yamaha wheels? If so, what is needed to do it.

Yes you can but you will need to turn the Harley axle down on a lathe on one end and make up new wheel spacers. Its a pretty easy job

Good to hear. I like the look of the drilled oem wheels. Was hoping to avoid spending a rediculous amount of money on aftermarket aluminum wheels.

Does anyone sell the parts to make this work or at least have the measurements I would need to provide the machinist to get this done?

I can do that for you you. Here is a pic of mine I did. Send me a pm or (shameless plug) we're on Facebook, look for slacker garage shop sgs.
2011-05-30160253.jpg

swbill, I will definitely be contacting you. That is very, very close to what I'm looking for. Can you do the holes in the wheels also? I basically want the front end to look like that except I only want to do three, more spaced out, holes in the spokes. Also going to powdercoat the wheels completely in a gloss black. May also powdercoat the fork springs. Not sure on that.

Back