Sprockets Front & Rear

If you have an 18" rear wheel, the 17-33 (stock in Europe apparently) works very well.

I have the 16" rear wheel, and find the 17/33 gearing is well suited to my driving. I also avoid the expressways.

I can drive all day at 100 kms/hr, and it works great when I'm up in the mountains. I just did a 2030 km trip in July in the mountains of British Columbia. My rpm was mostly between 3600 and 3900, and the engine was quite happy:bike:

I do your kind of riding and I have stock 17/34. I wouldn't change the 17, myself, due to clearance issues. Small issues maybe, but I cant' see how it would be worth the hassle. I'd change just the rear if I wanted to change something.

17/30 meself. Lots of twisty hills and hollers around here and I utilize all the gears, do a lot of shifting up and down, rarely using 5th gear once I'm in the hills and hollers..... 55mph @ around 4 grand on the tach in 5th for the straightaways is nice. Rolling on the throttle from a dead stop on the straightaways, winding up and shifting @ 4 grand to the next gear is a little bit o'heaven right here on earth. I should be riding......

What's best for freeway use (high mph low rpm)when running 16" wheel?
Currently 17/30 I heard 18 up front would be better??
The 17/30 should be working real well for you on the freeways. That is already a high gearing, so enjoy it. Gearing it any higher than that would remove the fun factor...........................make it accelerate like a 50 cc scooter!

Back